Thursday, October 13, 2005

This weekend...

Anyone who has been in the chat room at SBB with me has probably heard me whine about missing out on the Digital Scrapbooking Convention...

I am a new WAHM (well, not so much working, to tell the truth) and I was so thrilled that it is in driving distance from me. It's been tough adjusting to being a mom and being at home full-time, but discovering digital scrapbooking has been one of the things that gets me out of bed in the morning. It's so nice to actually feel like I'm good at something!!

But instead, I have a zillion other things going on this weekend -- not only is this the 20 year Oakton High School Reunion (no WAY I'm that old!! that is just not possible!!), but it is also the ONLY UVa football home game -- so DH is SO not thrilled to be missing it. (Neither am I, to tell the truth, but I have friends coming to town from CA, plus some other folks I really want to see.)

Shall we go through the mixed emotions about high school reunions? Although DD is 14 months old, I am still carrying the baby weight (and then some...) Also, I feel like I have nothing to wear -- while it's great not having to dress for an office job, I feel like a total slob whenever I'm around my cute girlfriends who work outside the home. LUCKILY, I have a cute husband to show off! I just hope he isn't bored out of his ever-loving MIND -- reunions can be a drag on the spouse.

Luckily, since we MET at our College Reunion, those aren't a problem -- I think we bored everyone we saw this summer's reunion with the tale of the reunion 5 years ago, but hey, people in love are cute, right? I'm hoping it's all forgiveable because we have such an adorable little pooh bear to show for it...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home