Thursday, October 06, 2005

Wow! Check out the new SBB

Scrapbook-Bytes.comIf you haven't been to Scrapbook-Bytes.com lately (like in the last 24 hours! LOL!), git yourself on over there -- PRONTO! Along with the server maintenance on the store, Amy also redesigned the whole site (along with the assistance of many of the talented gals at SBB, I assume)! It's not just a fresh coat of paint, but a full overhaul!

It is awesome! Not only bright and fresh new look -- but the home page is really a launch pad to the rest of the site. SBB is the biggest digital scrapbooking site, and it can be a bit overwhelming at first. (I caution the newbies I chat with not to let their heads explode!). The new home page has a great index to the weekly online crops/chats and the challenges going on. This is particularly important since I try to get to as many of them as possible -- heck, I even scrap occasionally (ha!).

One of my favorite things about SBB is that the freebies they give out at the crops and challenges are all color-coordinated with that week's Color Challenge. So, if you make it to a few crops, you can end up with a sizeable 'kit' of freebies that all go together!! It makes it so much easier to use those goodies when you already know what they go with!

And who hasn't had a case of Scrapper's Block? The inspiration pieces, sketches, scraplifts, etc. really help me to get those pages done. Left to my own devices, I'd agonize over the placement of every element and have very little to show for my time. Instead, I have over 30 layouts in my gallery ! (And therefore, I'm halfway done with Christmas gifts for the grandparents!)

Another feature I just adore is the new SBB Gear. I've got my eye on the "Why I Scrapbook" Journal. I'd love to have a copy of this graphic! And who can resist the "Byte Me" tote bag! Great work on these ladies!!

And they're not even done yet! Lots of great features are still in the works, like a chat room schedule, a challenge schedule, and the relaunch of the School of Scrap. Keep an eye on the site for all the goodies to come.

Amy and company have raised the bar, yet again, keeping SBB out in front of the online digital scrapbook community.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home